Property Management Moisture Infiltration/Mold Prevention & Remediation Training
1 Day (8 hours)
Geared toward property management and maintenance personnel who will be addressing and responding to water damage as well as conducting small level mold remediation projects, per the District of Columbia’s recently-enacted mold law and regulation.
Upon course completion, each attendee will be issued a Certificate of Completion, certifying that they have completed mold training, which follows the industry’s current standard of care in accordance with the District of Columbia Mold Law and Regulations and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- A comprehensive review of the DC regulations and guidance documents to ensure compliance
- Appropriate operation and maintenance procedures, water intrusion/mold identification and response, and communications with occupants
- Review of current assessment and remediation guidance documents, in adherence to the industry standard of care
- Hands-on training regarding proper techniques for remediation projects, including engineering controls, work practices, personal protection equipment (PPE), remediation procedures, and cleanup methods.
- Review of the inspection procedures required by the Property Owner upon a resident complaint of suspect fungal growth
- Step-by step procedures for conducting Small Level mold remediation projects per the DC law, enabling personnel to perform small level remediation projects onsite.
- Direction when overseeing larger level remediation projects being conducted by outside licensed professionals.
- Detailed review of the DC Mold laws documentation and notification requirements